Bird & Bird is looking for a Junior/Mid-Level Associate to join the London Sports Group to focus on Contentious and Regulatory sports work.
- The work will cover drafting sporting regulations, the enforcement of rules through various disciplinary procedures at the national and international level (including anti-doping, anti-corruption and other disciplinary matters), defending rules from legal challenge, drafting submissions and other documents for sports arbitration proceedings, drafting advice notes, research of relevant case law/commentary, assisting with investigations, advising on good governance, and conducting commercial dispute resolution for sports clients.
- This role offers opportunities for advocacy before sports tribunals, international travel for hearings and potential client secondments.
- The successful candidate will be part of a close-knit team of partners and associates who are passionate about the law in this area. You will work closely with all members of the team.
- The successful candidate will also work with colleagues from across the firm to draw on their expertise in dispute resolution, corporate, competition, tax, employment, immigration, intellectual property, data protection, and other areas of law, with specific focus on the requirements of the sports sector.
- As the successful candidate develops in experience, s/he will be given responsibility for their own matters and the opportunity and support to develop the skills, mentor, supervise, and take responsibility for more junior associates and trainees.
- The partners in the team are also highly supportive of business development and would support the successful candidate building their profile in this area, including winning and growing client relationships, attending pitches, speaking at conferences, and article writing.
For further information about this role, please click here to view the job description or contact Rachel Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org.