British Rowing is looking to appoint new members to its Safeguarding Committee which oversees British Rowing's Safeguarding Strategy, and the implementation and monitoring of its safeguarding policies and guidance.
The purpose of this role on the safeguarding committee is to support, oversee, and promote optimal operational standards for safeguarding in rowing.
• To ensure the Safeguarding Committee achieves its objectives as defined by its terms of reference, in alignment with British Rowing’s strategy, organisation and operations and the wider sport.
• Ensure that Safeguarding remains a central principle of operations and development of British Rowing
• To oversee the implementation and/or review safeguarding processes and procedures and action plan to support the wellbeing and safety of children, young people, and adults.
• To ensure that the safeguarding risk register accurately reflects all identified risks and mitigation activities relation to safeguarding.
• To ensure that British Rowing has a best practice safeguarding and welfare policy for both children and adults at risk.
• To provide support and check, and challenge to British Rowing’s Head of Governance Safeguarding and Integrity.
• To provide checks and balances on British Rowing’s case management.
• To monitor British Rowing’s compliance with the Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) Framework and Ann Craft Trust (ACT) Framework.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV alongside a covering letter to British Rowing’s HR Manager at email@example.com until 16 September 2023.
For more information on the role and person specification, please click here.