The FA is establishing a specific Anti-Discrimination Panel which will form part of the Judicial Panel and will hear cases concerning FA Rule E3.2 (Aggravated Breaches) and/or FA Rule E4 (Victimisation). The Anti-Discrimination Panel will deal with cases relating to the Premier League, English Football League, National League, the Northern Premier, Southern and Isthmian Leagues and the FA Women's Super League & FA Women's Championship.
Anti-Discrimination Panel Members will have appropriate experience of discrimination, equality, inclusion and diversity matters.
- A qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum of 7 years post-qualification experience [with specific demonstrable experience of dealing with matters involving the Equality Act 2010]; or
- An individual with leadership or management experience in a professional equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) role, or a role in which it they have demonstrable experience of handling matters relating to the Equality Act 2010; or
- An individual with significant experience of discrimination matters in a sports regulatory environment
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- Demonstrable experience relating to EDI matters and the Equality Act 2010 in a professional or sporting regulatory context.
- An ability to assess evidence and submissions in an open, knowledgeable, and fair-minded way
- Sound and objective judgment
- Cultural fluency and a modern mindset across a range of protected characteristics
- An aptitude to work to tight timescales, under pressure while dealing with high profile cases that must be treated in the strictest of confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent listening, and communication skills
- Integrity, impartiality, and high ethical standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/Products
- Be able to coherently formulate and/or contribute towards written reasons for decisions
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 1 October 2023. Please visit here to apply and for more information.