State aid in sport and covid-19
Sport Resolutions will be hosting its first ever webinar, titled “State aid in sport and Covid-19”, in association with 39 Essex Chambers. Barristers Fenella Morris QC and Kelly Stricklin-Coutinho will be delivering the webinar covering:
- Introduction to state aid law
- How it impacts sports teams/venues (e.g. the Wasps case, joint ventures between local authorities and sports organisations, local authorities developing land for sporting uses, and having a financial interest in sports organisations or facilities)
- State aid rules on central government bail outs and how they might apply in the sports context
- What central and local government is permitted to do within the State aid rules
- Big schemes the government could be asked to consider (e.g. other countries have specific bail outs for cancelled events, or cultural events)
The webinar is free of charge and will take place between 14:30 and 16:00 on Wednesday 6th May.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions using Zoom’s Q&A.
Please register using the link here.