Welsh Triathlon is looking to recruit a Director of Safeguarding onto the Non-Executive Board who will:
- attend Board meetings as the safeguarding representative and raise and champion safeguarding issues within the Board, ensuring that Welsh Triathlon maintains the highest levels of active engagement and best practice.
- provide strategic leadership and expertise within the area of safeguarding and child protection.
- review and provide input into policy documents and advise on safeguarding issues arising within the sport.
- work closely with Welsh Triathlon’s Safeguarding Lead Officer, provide them with support where required and assist the Board in monitoring their safeguarding work.
- attend British Triathlon’s Duty of Care Working Group and help progress the sport’s Safeguarding Strategy and Action Plan.
- be a member of British Triathlon’s Safeguarding Case Management Group and consider safeguarding cases as and when required; and attend other relevant meetings as and when they are required with Sport Wales, NSPCC and British Triathlon.
This role will be available from March 2023 with a transition period beforehand. Please contact the Chair at email@example.com if you would like an informal discussion about the roles.
Please click here to view the full job description and submit a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Monday February 13th 2023, 5pm if you would like to apply for the vacancy.