Sport Resolutions (SR) and the British Athletes Commission (BAC) will jointly be hosting a seminar on athlete selection.
This seminar will focus on the elements required for an effective selection process and share guidance and tips on how to achieve and deliver a fair process.
The seminar will take place on Tuesday 24th March in Sport Resolutions offices at 1 Salisbury Square, London, EC4Y 8AE.
- At the end of the course the attendees will be better able to:
- Understand the selection process framework including appeals
- Understand the application of both subjective and objective selection criteria
- Identify and avoid common mistakes in the selection process
- Run an effective selection meeting and improve communication amongst the parties involved
- Understand the concept of bias, both real and perceived, and how to manage it
- Understand the need for and role of independent observers
- Understand and respect the athlete perspective