In the light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus, we have decided to postpone next week’s seminar on athlete selection until a future date.
Our highest priority at Sport Resolutions is to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and staff therefore we are stepping up our efforts to minimise the risk.
We are keeping a close eye on how the coronavirus might effect Tokyo 2020, and depending on developments we hope to be able to accommodate this seminar in the near future.
In the meantime, if you have already purchased tickets they will be refunded within 7 working days. We will also prioritise you for a booking of ticket(s) again if/when this seminar is rescheduled.
If you need any support on athlete selection events and/or other legal issues, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We continue to operate, and like other businesses will be adapting our work processes to accommodate our staff and wider stakeholders so that we can provide as seamless a service as possible.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and wish you all good health.
The Road to Tokyo 2020 - How to Manage Athlete Selection
Sport Resolutions (SR) and the British Athletes Commission (BAC) will jointly be hosting a seminar on athlete selection. This seminar will focus on the elements required for an effective selection process and share guidance and tips on how to achieve and deliver a fair process.
The seminar will take place on Tuesday 24th March in Sport Resolutions offices at 1 Salisbury Square, London, EC4Y 8AE.
At the end of the course the attendees will be better able to:
- Understand the selection process framework including appeals
- Understand the application of both subjective and objective selection criteria
- Identify and avoid common mistakes in the selection process
- Run an effective selection meeting and improve communication amongst the parties involved
- Understand the concept of bias, both real and perceived, and how to manage it
- Understand the need for and role of independent observers
- Understand and respect the athlete perspective
- 12:45 – 13:00 Registration
- 13:00 – 14:30 Session 1 – Richard Harry, Chief Executive at Sport Resolutions
- 14:30 – 14:45 Coffee break
- 14:45 – 15:30 Session 2 – Sam Little, Head of Athlete Support at the BAC
- 15:30 – 15:45 Q & A
Who should attend?
- National Governing Bodies (NGBs)
- Professionals involved in the process of selecting athletes for major competitions such as chief executives, performance managers and directors, head coaches, athletes, athlete representatives, selection panel members, in-house lawyers, lawyers in private practice, arbitrators and interested academics