Sport Resolutions will be hosting another free online training session for welfare and safeguarding officers of NGBs and other sporting bodies on how to investigate safeguarding concerns in sport on Thursday 15th July 2021.
Former police officer and Sport Resolutions National Safeguarding Panel member Carol Chamberlain and Safeguarding Today’s director and Sport Resolutions National Safeguarding Panel member Jennie Smith will be delivering the training with the aim of raising awareness and increasing knowledge around safeguarding investigations in sport, with a particular focus on the interview techniques.
The event will also introduce the new Investigation Guide and templates created by Sport Resolutions NSP members Carol Chamberlain, Christopher Quinlan QC and Sally Wernick with the support of Sport England.
Please register yourself here.
- Understand key themes in conducting an investigation
- Identify good practice when managing witnesses and the person subject to complaint
- Effectively using the practical guide to assist in conducting the investigation
- 14:00 – Start and housekeeping
- 14:05 – 14:55 Good investigations contributing to creating a safer culture
- 14:55 – 15:05 Coffee break
- 15:05 – 15:55 Evidence & Case study
- 15:55 – 16:05 Coffee break
- 16:05 – 16:55 Using a Trauma Informed approach when managing witnesses
- 16:55 – 17:10 Q&A
Please note that the event is primarily designed for welfare and safeguarding officers of NGBs and other sporting bodies, and the places are limited. Hence Sport Resolutions will aim to prioritise those who are in the target group. Thank you in advance for your understanding.