Sport Resolutions (SR) has dealt with over 70 selection cases since 2017 across 20 different sports. SR in association with 4 New Square Chambers will be hosting an event on athlete selection. The seminar will focus on the elements required for an effective selection process, and cover guidance on how to achieve and deliver a fair process, as well as considerations in drafting an athlete selection policy and running a selection appeal procedure.
The event is designed for professionals involved in the process of selecting athletes for major competitions such as chief executives, performance managers and directors, head coaches, athletes, athlete representatives, selection panel members, in-house lawyers, lawyers in private practice, arbitrators and interested academics.
The event will take place on Thursday 8th December at the Sport Resolutions office, 1 Paternoster Lane, St Paul’s, London, EC4M 7BQ, between 13.30 and 15.30, followed by some time for networking. Drinks and snacks will be provided.
The event provides 2 hours CPD.
- Understand the selection process framework including appeals
- Understand the application of both subjective and objective selection criteria
- Identify and avoid common mistakes in the selection process
- Run an effective selection meeting and improve communication amongst the parties involved
- Understand the concept of bias, both real and perceived, and how to manage it
- Understand the need for and role of independent observers
- Understand and respect the athlete perspective
Although in-person attendance is encouraged, National Governing Body (NGB) and International Federation (IF) members who are based outside London as well as other international attendees can attend the event via Zoom. If you meet this criteria please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a 20% discount code.